The aim of the conference is to help those who work with youth (and adults) get them to college, and to connect resources together to help our whole state improve our college graduation rates.
Other presenters, perhaps familiar to our readers, include Professor Daniel White Hodge from North Park's Center for Youth Ministry Studies.
The conference is free, but they ask that you RSVP, in order to plan for the FREE continental breakfast and lunch. Simply send an e-mail to email@example.com with basic details (i.e. how many are going, what organization you are with, if any)
Here's the schedule:
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 9:00am Welcome and Opening Remarks, by Mike Dessimoz & Leslie Millenson
9:15 – 10:15am Break-out Sessions:
· Non-Academic Factors in College Readiness, by Anne Deeter, Dominican University
· Developing Faith-Based College Access Partnerships, by JP Paulus, Do-Gooder Consulting
10:30 – 11:30am Break-out Sessions:
· Transitional Experiences of Illinois Males, Dr. Lorenzo Baber, University of Illinois
11:45 – 12:45pm Break-out Sessions:
· Hip Hop Culture and the Aspirations of Youth, by Dr. Daniel White Hodge, North Park University
· Professional Development on a Budget, panel presentation on creative& cost-effective staff development
12:45 – 2:00pm Lunch& Keynote Presentation by The College Board:
“The Educational Crisis Facing Young Men of Color”
For more information, go to the Illinois College Access Network website.
If you are at the conference, please come to see JP Paulus. If you don't see him, call or text 872-22-8008.
We look forward to seeing you!